Tulsa Baby Bucket List
Top Things to do With Your Baby in Tulsa
Tulsa offers some unique adventures for little ones. Here are a few of our favorites, plus recommendations from local parents! So pack up the diaper bag, strap baby into their car seat and start checking off some of these things to do with your baby in Tulsa, aka, the Tulsa Baby Bucket List!
Take a Stroll.
It can be hard to find time to exercise with an infant. Taking a walk is a good way to get moving while doing something fun together.
- Oxley Nature Center – Oxley has wide trails, making it a good option if you’re hiking with a stroller. Just be aware that trails can get muddy. oxleynaturecenter.org
- Riverside – Tulsa’s River Parks boasts miles of divided trails. Cyclists can stay on one side and pedestrians on the other. There are plenty of shaded areas if you need to cool down. riverparks.org
Most babies love spending time outside – and you’ll grow to love these local treasures, too!
- Gathering Place – Don’t miss Chapman Adventure Playground’s “Volcanoville,” the sandy beach area and Charlie’s Water Mountain (open seasonally). gatheringplace.org
- Philbrook Museum – Whip up mud pies in the mud kitchen and stroll through the gardens. When you’re ready, head inside for more creative fun. philbrook.org
- Tulsa Botanic Garden – There’s so much to see at Tulsa Botanic Garden, especially in the Children’s Discovery Garden. Animal statues, colorful blooms – what will you discover? tulsabotanic.org
- Tulsa Zoo – It doesn’t matter how young your child is, the zoo is a magical place! The Ascension St. John Family Den offers a quiet space for nursing mothers. tulsazoo.org
Whether you’re trying to beat the heat or avoid the freeze, here are some fun, temperature-controlled places to play.
- Adventure Avenue – Reserve your spot to play at Adventure Avenue! Activities are intended to encourage imagination and learning through play. adventureavenue.com
- ahha Tulsa – THE STUDIO at ahha Tulsa is not only full of recycled art supplies, it also has picture books, building blocks, magnatiles and more. ahhatulsa.org
- Discovery Lab – Discovery Lab’s Little Lab is a special area for kids 4 and younger. Don’t miss Monday Morning Programming from 11-11:30 a.m. for this age range. discoverylab.org
- Fun4Kidz Playground – Take a break when shopping at Promenade or Woodland Hills Mall to swing, slide, etc. funforkidsplayground.com
- Oklahoma Aquarium – The shark tunnel and Sea Turtle Island will captivate your little one! okaquarium.org
Sign Up for Swim Lessons.
Starting swim lessons early can help your baby acclimate to the water, so they are more comfortable with it later.
- Miller Swim School – Little Otters Splash & Play Class (4-6 months); Diaper Dolphins (6-15 months). millerswimschool.com
- YMCA of Greater Tulsa – Classes for parents and children (6 months-3 years). ymcatulsa.org
Sit for Storytime.
Encourage baby’s literacy development while socializing. Some of these events may be seasonal, so confirm details before heading to an event.
- Eleanor’s Bookshop – Daily storytime (excluding Mondays). eleanorsbookshop.com
- Gathering Place – Weekly storytime at 4 p.m. on Thursdays. gatheringplace.org/events
- Philbrook Museum – Weekly storytime at 10 a.m. on Thursdays. philbrook.org
- Tulsa Botanic Garden – Periodic Tree Fort Storytime. tulsabotanic.org
- Tulsa City-County Library – Weekly storytimes at most branches. tulsalibrary.org/events
- Tulsa Zoo – Weekly storytimes at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays. tulsazoo.org
Celebrate Baby’s First Birthday.
When it’s time to celebrate this milestone event, you’ll need a special treat!
- Merritt’s Bakery – Voted Favorite Place to Buy Party Treats in TulsaKids’ Family Favorites contest. merrittsbakery.com
- OK Cookie Momster – The talented decorators can make custom sugar cookies to fit any theme. okcookiemomster.com
- Nothing Bundt Cakes – There’s nothing better than Nothing Bundt Cakes! And their Bundtinis® are adorably baby-sized. nothingbundtcakes.com
- All Things Cake – For a cake that truly takes the cake, get a custom cake from All Things Cake! allthingscakeshop.com