Family Friendly Halloween Events
Halloween brings out the kid in all of us, from debates along the lines of “What is the best/worst Halloween candy,” to curling up with a spooky book or movie, hoping for a genuine scare. To help you make the most of this sensational season, we’ve provided the following roundup of family friendly Halloween events in Tulsa!
Trick or Treat Events
- When: October 6, 13, 20, 27, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
Trick-or-treat to unique, nature-themed stations in the Garden. Live music, food and drinks will be available for sale. Regular admission plus $10-12/trick-or-treater. See website for details and tickets.
- When: Friday, October 21 and 28, 6-9 p.m.; Saturday, October 22 and 29, 1-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.; Sunday, October 23 and 30, 1-4 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Zoo, 6421 E. 36th St. N.
Tulsa Zoo’s premier spooky (but not-too-scary) Halloween trick-or-treat event for the whole family returns with two weekends of both morning and evening trick or treating! tulsazoo.org/boo
- When: October 22, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Brookside, Peoria between 31st and 41st
This popular Halloween event is back, with a parade, trick or treat stops, costume contests and more.
- When: October 22, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Asbury Church, 6767 S. Mingo Rd.
Come celebrate the arrival of fall with our annual trunk-or-treat. This event is free for everyone unless you’d like to purchase food or drinks from the food trucks. For more information, please contact Jennifer Barnes at 918.392.4582 or email@example.com.
- October 25, 7:15 p.m.
- Reed Park, 4233 S. Yukon Ave.
The great pumpkin dropped a bag candy in the park and we have to pick it all up. Bring your flashlight, bag, and come and help us clean up the mess and you get to keep what you find.
- When: October 25-31, 2022, 6:30-9 p.m.
- Where: Oklahoma Aquarium, 300 Aquarium Dr., Jenks
The Oklahoma Aquarium will host seven nights of indoor trick-or-treating for kids of all ages! Guests can follow the Trick-or-Treat trail for candy and see our fascinating marine life in the surrounding exhibits. Dress up in your best Halloween costume for a chance to win prizes, and join us for the opportunity to interact with some of the ocean’s most curious creatures from the deep!
- When: October 27, 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Hicks Park, 3443 S. Mingo Rd.
Tulsa Parks presents Sparky’s Spooktacular Trunkor-Treat. Dress up in your Halloween costumes and gather candy and toys in a fun and safe environment. There will be games, Bounce Houses, food trucks, and more.
- When: October 28, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Where: O’Brien Park, 6149 N. Lewis Ave.
Bring your flashlight for the hunt in the dark. Wear costumes (or not)! Snacks and beverages provided; no candy pails or bags needed! Ages 0-12, FREE (Event will be held inside the center in the event of rain.)
- When: October 28-29, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Gathering Place, 2600 S. Riverside Dr.
Gathering Place invites all goblins, ghosts, and ghouls to The Great Halloween Hunt presented by ONE Gas! Scavenge your way through 66.5 acres to find more than 20 spooky fun, kid-friendly activities in themed realms throughout the park on October 28 and October 29 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Learn more at gatheringplace.org/events/
- When: October 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium, 3624 N. 74th E. Ave.
- When: October 30, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Bixby, 107 N. Stanley
Free community event that features attractions such as carnival games, carnival rides, inflatables, hay rides, axe throwing, caricature drawings, face painting, food trucks, and trunk or treating spanning an entire city block. There will be a competitive costume contest with community respected judges and prizes provided by local businesses, including a category for pets. Additionally, swag bags will be given out to the first 250 kids in attendance.
- Monday, Oct. 31 ● 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
Stop in all day for trick-or-treating and a Halloween scavenger hunt for not-so-spooky prizes. For all ages.
- When: October 31, 2022 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Will Rogers Memorial Museum, 1720 W. Will Rogers Blvd., Claremore
Want a fun and safe place to Trick or Treat? The Will Rogers Memorial Museum in Claremore will be open from 6-8 p.m. for trick-or-treaters of all ages. willrogers.com
Other Hauntingly Fun Events
- When: Fridays and Saturdays, September 29-October 29, 6-10 p.m. (Tickets must be purchased by 10 p.m., attractions are open later.)
- Where: Castle of Muskogee, 3400 W. Fern Mountain Rd., Muskogee
Castle of Muskogee’s annual Halloween Festival has attractions for people of every age and desired scare level. Kids can enjoy Halloweenland, the Enchanted Boardwalk, a Halloween Train and more. Those who can’t get enough make-believe horror can sign up for Domus Horrificus, Casa Morte and the Trail of Blood. Plus, you can purchase Halloween decor and costumes on-site as well as food and beverages. Learn more at okcastle.com.
- When: October 6, 4:30-6 p.m.
- Where: Jenks Library, 523 W. B St., Jenks
Make spooky creations using modeling clay. For ages 10-18.
- When: October 6, 5-7 p.m.
- Where: Schusterman-Benson Library, 3333 E. 32nd Pl.
Make spooky Shrinky Dinks! Draw or trace a design onto special material, and then heat it up and watch it shrink to one-third of its size! Perfect for making jewelry, charms or suncatchers! Registration is required. Register at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For ages 10-18.
- When: October 14, 6:15-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Schusterman-Benson Library, 3333 E. 32nd Pl.
Bring your blankets, pillows and flashlights to build reading forts all around the library! There will be stories and snacks. Kids are invited to wear costumes for a not-so-spooky fashion show! For preschoolers and elementary students.
- When: October 15, 2022, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Chandler Park, 6500 W. 21st St.
Haunted History on the Hill at Chandler Park!
- Halloween crafts
- Haunted history stories
ht candy hunt for ages 0-12; four age groups: 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12
- When: October 20, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Collinsville Library, 1223 W. Main St., Collinsville
Join the Library during Teens Read Month to discuss your favorite scary story and make spooky nightlight lanterns (while supplies last). Snacks will be provided. For ages 10-18.
- When: October 20, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Library, 20 E. Breckenridge Ave., Bixby
Join TCCL as we watch a Halloween-themed movie and do a fun art project! All materials are provided, and you can take home your art afterward. For sixth through 12th graders.
- When: October 20, 7-8 p.m.
- Where: Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Some stories you shouldn’t tell. Some stories need to be told. Come and listen to these eerie stories from Indian Country … if you dare! For ages 10 and up.
- When: October 21, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library, 300 W. Broadway Ave., BA
Get your fandom on with a Shrinky Dink craft and have a local special effects artist, Aimee McFarland, give you a spooky makeover! For this craft, participants can draw or trace their own designs and put them in the toaster oven to shrink, and then turn their designs into magnets, key chains, ornaments and more. Participants may want to bring pictures to trace over. Registration is required. Register at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For ages 11 and up.
- When: October 21, 5:45-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Martin Regional Library, 400 Civic Center
Fall fun for the whole family, including pumpkin painting, scary stories and a bad art contest. BOO! Halloween costumes are encouraged! This event will kick off with fun, scary stories read by Ms. Kristina. After that, join us for crafts, games, book giveaways, snacks and a photo booth. Do NOT miss out! It will be hauntingly terrific! For all ages.
- When: October 21-22, 28-29, 8 p.m.; October 23 and 30, 2 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa PAC, 110 E. 2nd St.
A quiet hero. A sweet girl. A singing, man-eating plant. What could possibly go wrong? Seymour Krelborn stumbles across a new breed of plant that promises fame and fortune as long as he keeps feeding it human blood! Presented by Theatre Tulsa
- When: October 22, 10-11 a.m.
- Where: Whiteside Park & Community Center, 4009 S. Pittsburg Ave.
It’s a Halloween event for dogs! Bring your furry family member to enjoy a scavenger hunt for treats, costume contest and raffle prizes. Donations will be accepted.
- When: October 22, 12-4 p.m.
- Where: Hardesty Regional Library, 8316 E. 93rd St.
Join TCCL for a little bit of hocus pocus! Enjoy free crafts, face painting, a Hocus Pocus costume competition, makeup tutorials and more! Register for the costume contest in person at the door. There are three categories: kids ages 0-12, teens ages 13-17 and adults ages 18 and up. Prizes will be awarded to a winner in all three categories! Registration is required for our Hocus Pocus Zombie Makeup Tutorial hosted by Clary Sage College to be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Register for the makeup tutorial at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For all ages.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 ● 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Broken Arrow Library, 300 W. Broadway Ave., BA
Enjoy some Halloween-themed treats and music while doing a creepy carrots craft based on the book Creepy Carrots! by Aaron Reynolds. Supplies are limited. For preschoolers and elementary students.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 ● 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- South Broken Arrow Library, 3600 S. Chestnut Ave., BA
Come for an afternoon of scary stories in a haunted library and leave with glow-in-the-dark slime! Registration is required. Register at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7662. For ages 10-18.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 ● 5-6 p.m.
- Herman and Kate Kaiser Library, 5202 S. Hudson Ave.
Protect your brain from the cold and zombies with a zombeanie! Make a winter hat with stitches, eyes and, of course, brains. Registration is required. Register at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For ages 13 and up.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25 ● 6-7 p.m.
- Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Mix magical potions and create unique Halloween crafts. Costumes are welcome but you might get messy. Ideal for ages 3 and older.
- When: October 27, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Pratt Library, 3219 S. 113th W. Ave., Sand Springs
The Pratt Library Anime & Manga club is hosting a Halloween costume party. Wear your favorite cosplay or costume, enjoy snacks and vote on your favorite costume of the night! For sixth through 12th graders.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 ● 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Join us for this creepy event where we will cram five nights at Freddy’s into one night at Zarrow! For teens.
- Thursday, Oct. 27 ● 7-8:30 p.m.
- Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Rd.
Join us for some Halloween and Día de los Muertos pumpkin carving and decorating. Pumpkins, decorating supplies and carving tools will be provided. For teens and adults.
- October 28, 6-8 p.m.
- Whiteside Park, 4009 S. Pittsburg Ave.
Play unlimited carnival games, participate in a costume contest and grab something to eat from food trucks. Free admission.
- Friday, Oct. 28 ● 6:30-8 p.m.
- Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Rd.
Someone stole a recipe for a supersecret witch’s brew. The Witch and Pumpkin P.I. need your help to interrogate the suspects. Can you figure out who stole the witch’s brew recipe and why? This is an after-hours program. Registration is required. Register at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For ages 9-12.
- October 28-29, 9:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m.
- Magic Attic Theater at SpotLite Magic & Costumes, 6808 S. Memorial Dr., Suite 220
Pre-Possessed is a haunted themed magic show built around the unsettling experiences, events, and experiments of the popular spirit seances of the mid to late 1800s. It is the most unique theatrical séance experience ever! Recommended ages 13+.
- When: October 29, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Where: Central Library, 400 Civic Center
Join TCCL for a spooky movie based on a popular children’s series. Enjoy snacks, crafts, games and more! For elementary through middle schoolers.
- When: October 29, 3 and 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Air and Space Museum, 3624 N. 74th E. Ave.
A “SPOOKTACULAR” movie with two showings in our beautiful planetarium theatre at 3:00pm & 5:30pm. A Halloween favorite!
- When: October 29, 2022 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Community Center, 211 N. Cabaniss Ave., Bixby
Mummies of all ages! Bring your goblins, witches, and super heroes to a spook-filled Halloween dance.
- When: October 29-30, 2022 (CLICK HERE for schedule)
- Where: Oklahoma Railway Museum, 3400 NE Grand Blvd., Oklahoma City
Looking for some Halloween fun? Join Oklahoma Railway Museum on Oct. 29 and 30 for the Halloween Train. Ride the train decked out with Halloween decorations and get a candy gift bag. Enter the 3rd Annual Halloween Costume Contest. Play mini golf and other fun games, and explore the museum with a Halloween scavenger hunt!
- Monday, Oct. 31 ● 4-5 p.m.
- Pratt Library, 3219 S. 113th Ave. W., Sand Springs
The Pratt and Charles Page libraries are in competition again! Test your knowledge about all things Halloween, from history to pop culture. Feel free to wear your favorite costume or Halloween attire! Participants are encouraged (but not required) to bring their smart devices as trivia will be played on Kahoot! For ages 10-18.
Shop Local: Where to Find Costumes
- When: Ongoing
- Where: 6808 S. Memorial Drive, Suite 220
SpotLite Magic & Costumes has been serving the Tulsa area since 1976, offering fun costumes for children and adults. SpotLite has it all: From spooky to funny, they will have you covered. Children’s costumes starting at $9.99. They also provide the following items: Wigs, masks, professional make-up for special effects, hats, hundreds of costume accessories for the DIY costume creators, costume rentals, magic tricks, jokes, and much more. During the Halloween season SpotLite also offers many halloween decorations and animated props. SpotLite is your One Stop Halloween Costume Shop, locally owned and family operated.
Also, check out the newly added Magic Attic Theater, an intimate 50 seat theater bringing live Magical entertainment for all ages! Located inside Spotlite Magic and Costumes.
Text the word “start” to 918.791.0175 and receive a discount on your purchase.