Top Spring Events in Tulsa
Get your hands dirty and gardens ready with help from these great events in Tulsa this season.
The month of April is filled with events celebrating all things spring throughout the Tulsa area. Whether you’re an avid gardener, or looking for something to provide instant gratification, there’s something for you and your family.
- Where: Drive-thru Pick-up is at the Tulsa Fairgrounds Exchange Center, 4145 E. 21st St.
- When: Order Feb. 1-March 12; Pickup is April 13
Tulsa Master Gardener’s Annual Plant Sale features a wide variety of plants, including annual & perennial bedding plants, vegetables and herbs, natives and pollinator plants. tulsamastergardeners.org
- Where: Tulsa Garden Center, 2435 S. Peoria Ave.
- When: Friday, April 7, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.; Saturday, April 8, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
This popular springtime event lets gardening enthusiasts shop from a variety of plant vendors while supporting educational programs at Tulsa Garden Center! For more information, go to www.tulsagardencenter.org/springfest.
- Where: Owasso Library, 103 W. Broadway St., Owasso
- When: April 8, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Bring your surplus plants, seedlings, bulbs, cuttings and usable gardening tools and exchange them with other gardeners.
- Where: Tulsa Glassblowing School, 7440 E. 7th St.
- When: April 11-15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Purchase unique, hand blown glass ornaments for your garden and home, made by Tulsa Glassblowing School staff and students. tulsaglassblowing.org
- Where: Downtown Sand Springs, near Broadway and Main Street
- When: April 15, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Shop the many vendors on hand who will be offering herbs, perennials, natives and heirloom plants and more. Here you can find unique arts & crafts, herbal products, gardening supplies & décor while enjoying LIVE music and great food! sandspringsok.org
- Where: Charles Page Library, 551 E. 4th St., Sand Springs
- When: April 22, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Did you get too many plants at the Herbal Affair? Got extra seedlings ready to transplant or cuttings from houseplants you’d like to share? Bring them by to swap for something new!
- Where: Redbud Festival Park, 109 N. Main St., Owasso
- When: April 22, 1-4 p.m.
This free, family friendly event features Master Gardener seminars, product demonstrations, plant sales, kids crafts and food trucks. facebook.com/redbudfestivalpark
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
- When: March 16-April 16
Celebrate the start of spring as over 200,000 daffodils, hyacinths, tulips and other flowers blossom over 4-6 weeks. Mother Nature determines when blooming starts, but visit the Garden’s website for lots of activities and updates. Garden is open Tuesday- Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. and starting Thursday, March 23, will be open on Thursdays until 8 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Jenks
- When: April 22, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Jenks Herb & Plant Festival is widely anticipated as the official signal of the start of Spring. There are fun events for kids as well as plenty of vendors to shop from. For more information, go to jenksgardenclub.com.
- Where: Garden Deva, 1326 E. 3rd St.
- When: April 28-29, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.