Family-Friendly Summer Concerts in Tulsa
Jam with the fam at these fun, family-friendly concerts!
Grab the family, a picnic and a blanket, then head over to any of these fun, family-friendly concerts happening throughout the Tulsa area this summer! *Note: Due to COVID-19, many favorite summer concert series may still be on-hold, and many of the Library’s concerts are virtual.
- When: Saturday, June 12, 10-11:30 a.m.
- Where: Philbrook Museum, 2727 S. Rockford Rd.
Head to the Philbrook gardens for fun concerts with Hot Toast Music Co. to get you movin’ and groovin’ as a family. Rock out the whole time or just drop by for a few songs! Advance tickets required. Children 17 and under are free.
Cedar Rock Inn is hosting a free summer concert series in May and June! RSVP Required.
- 5/5, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with F-250
- 5/12, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with Chris Hyde
- 5/19, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with The Grazzhoppers
- 5/26, 6-8 p.m.: Night on the Lawn with Denise Hoey
- 6/9, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with Cowboy Jones
- 6/16, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with Ahna Jennings
- 6/23, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with The County Hooks
- 6/30, 6-8 p.m.: Music on the Lawn with The Red Dirt Rangers
Andrés Salguero (aka 123 Andrés) brings joyful sounds, passion for bilingualism and a high-energy love of music that gets kids singing and dancing in Spanish and English.
Head to Tulsa City-County Library’s YouTube Channel (youtube.com/tulsalibrary) each day in June and July for virtual performances by 123 Andrés!
Children’s songwriter and teaching artist Will Parker makes music for “kids ages 1-100.” Watch the following programs on TCCL’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/tulsalibrary:
- June 6-12: Land
- June 13-18: Air
- June 20-25: Sea
- June 23-July 2: Fantasy
These will be available on TCCL’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/tulsalibrary.
- June 7: Tommy Terrific’s Wild About Magic: Tommy presents magical tales and tails with exciting magic tricks. Ideal for ages 0-7.
- June 14: Tommy Terrific’s Black Cowboys of the Old West: Tommy presents a magical history with exciting stories of Black cowboys and the Old West. Ideal for ages 0-7.
- June 21: Magic of Science: Check out Tommy’s mix of science and magic! Family fun! For elementary-aged kids.
- June 28: Satchel Paige and the Negro Baseball League: Tommy Terrific weaves a story with America’s favorite pastime and National Baseball Hall of Famer Satchel Paige through the world of magic. Learn facts about the National Negro Baseball League. For preschoolers and elementary-aged kids.
With the exception of two LIVE events, these performances will be available on TCCL’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/tulsalibrary.
- Mondays, June 7, 14, 21 and 28: Sleepy Songs and Stories: Join Mr. Symon of Hot Toast Music Company for a bedtime story and lullaby! Hajjar, or Mr. Symon as his students call him, draws inspiration from the way children often find magic in the mundane parts of life that are hidden in plain sight. For all ages.
- June 8, 10:30-11:30 a.m. LIVE at Redbud Festival Park, Owasso: Come and join Mr. Symon and the Hot Toast Music Band for a morning of singing and dancing to groovy tunes that will even have the grown-ups on their feet! This is an outdoor event that will take place at the Redbud Festival Park across the street from the library. For all ages.
- June 9, 12, 16 and 23: Song of the Week! It’s time for the song of the week! Join Mr. Symon from Hot Toast Music Company as he shares a new song he’s been working on lately. The ideas for these songs come from kids all over the Oklahoma community so make sure to leave your idea in the comments of the video or shoot Hot Toast Music Co. a msg! Maybe your idea will turn into next week’s song!
- June 17, 10-11 a.m.: LIVE at RiverParks 41st St. Plaza, 41st and Riverside
- June 18, 10:30-11:30 a.m. LIVE at Helmerich Library: Join Mr. Symon and the Hot Toast Music Band for a morning of singing and dancing to groovy tunes that will even have the grown-ups on their feet! Hot Toast Music Company is the product of dad, educator and musician Symon Hajjar who writes irresistible kids’ music, all with purpose. This is an outdoor event that will take place on the lawn behind the library. For all ages.
- July 7, 13, 21 and 28: Read & Sing: Join Mr. Symon as he reads his favorite books and sings original songs that go with them. For elementary-aged kids.
- June 7, 10-10:30 a.m.: The Dancing Eagles, Mike and Heaven Pahsetopah, will perform spectacular Native American dances and traditional storytelling. This entertaining, educational performance will include specialty, traditional and social dances. Watch on TCCL’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/TulsaLibrary, through June 20. Presented by the American Indian Resource Center. For all ages.
Watch these performances for all ages on TCCL’s YouTube Channel, youtube.com/tulsalibrary.
- June 8: Dinosaur Tales & Tails: Join Mr. Stinky Feet (Jim Cosgrove) for a tail-wagging dance party with lots of movement and laughter featuring his book “Bop Bop Dinosaur.”
- June 15: Let’s Stick Together Storytime: Mr. Stinky Feet (Jim Cosgrove) will read his book “Sullen Sally” and sing songs about feelings and friendship.
- June 22: Rocking the Library: Mr. Stinky Feet will get the whole family rocking! With a healthy dose of clever fun and a whole lot of heart, Jim Cosgrove’s music inspires the childlike nature of kids and adults.
- June 29: Cookie Time! Who’s hungry? Join Mr. Stinky Feet (Jim Cosgrove) for songs about cookies, pizza, pickles and other yummy treats.
It’s the craziest, most creative bubble show around. Mixing comedy, music and interactive bubble magic, Dustin engages and delights audiences of all ages.
- June 3, 10-11 a.m. at RiverParks 41st St. Plaza, 41st and Riverside
- June 9, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Charley Young Park, 50 W. Dawes Ave., Bixby
- July 13, 10-11 a.m. at Redbud Festival Park, 20 N. Main St., Owasso