Back-to-School Events in the Tulsa Area
Get back-to-school ready with the help of these local events! This list will be updated as more information becomes available. If you have an event you think should be added, feel free to email email@example.com with information.
- When: Saturday, August 3, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: The Assembly at Broken Arrow, 3500 W. New Orleans St., Broken Arrow
The Broken Arrow Police Department, The Assembly at Broken Arrow and St. John Broken Arrow are proud to sponsor the 12th annual Back to School Bash and Community Health Fair August 3rd free of charge.
School supplies, courtesy of The Assembly; Haircuts by Clary Sage; Community health fair presented by St. John Broken Arrow, offering select health services and screenings; BAPD K-9 officers, traffic officers, Crime Prevention Unit & school resource officers to share tips on pedestrian & school safety; Immunizations by The Caring Van (bring your shot records); Vision Screening by the Lions Club Mobile Unit; Masonic Lodge CHILD ID program which includes DNA, video, finger prints; Jupiter Jumps, snow cones; BAPS Child Nutrition and Transportation; BAFD Fire Truck and Ambulance; Camp Bandage; Family and Children’s Services, BAPD Victims of Crime Advocate; Tulsa County Library; Vince and Larry the Crash Test Dummies and McGruff the Crime Dog; and more!
- When: Saturday, August 3, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Pediatric Urgent Care, 7723 E. 91st St.
Join Tulsa Pediatric Urgent Care for its Second Annual Back to School Bash. There will be water play, giveaways, kid friendly vendors and Arvest will be here to grill up some hot dogs.
Vendors include Bixby Ninja Warrior, Just Between Friends, Oilers Ice Rink, Miller Swim School, Grade Power Learning and Christian Karate Academy.
- When: Saturday, August 3, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- Where: TAPC Foster Family Resource Center, 3326 E. 51st St.
Open to all Tulsa County children in foster care, this event will have arts and crafts, face painting, free hair cuts and immunizations, school uniform and supply pick up, snacks, and other surprises!
A drawing will be held for a night for two for foster parents at Post Oak lodge, and a box of Glacier Chocolates.
- When: Saturday, August 10, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Nienhuis Park, 3201 N. 9th St., Broken Arrow
Family fun at it’s nicest! Come enjoy free food, drinks, jump houses, and school supplies. Items are limited.
- When: August 6 and 7, 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Where: Clary Sage College, 3131 S. Sheridan Rd.
Any school-age child will be offered a FREE haircut at Clary Sage College just in time for the new school year. Oklahoma Caring Van will also be on-site offering free vaccines from 1-7 p.m. on both days.
- When: Thursday, August 15, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
Celebrate the beginning of the new school year. The resource fair features book and backpack giveaways; free school supplies; carnival games and other fun activities; free dental screenings, immunizations and health checkups; and more.
- When: Saturday, August 17, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Tech, Lemley Campus, 3420 S. Memorial Dr.
¡Marquen sus calendarios! El Sábado, 17 de Agosto los niños en edad escolar que asistan a la Feria de Regreso a la Escuela, recibirán mochilas, útiles escolares y servicios gratis!
Nuestra Feria Anual de Regreso a La Escuela de este año se realizara en Tulsa Tech Lemley Memorial Campus de 9-12:00pm y la organizamos en colaboración con la Biblioteca Martin Regional, Tulsa Tech y las Escuelas Públicas de Tulsa.
Tambien se ofrecerá información sobre recursos y servicios importantes para toda la familia!
¡Save the date! Our 4th Annual Back to School Resource Fair will be held on Saturday, August 17th at Tulsa Tech Lemley Memorial Campus from 9:00am – 12:00pm.
The Coalition of Hispanic Organizations is teaming up with the Martin Regional Library, Tulsa Tech and Tulsa Public Schools to offer this great free community event.
School age children in attendance will receive school supplies and families will receive important information about resources and services for the entire family!
- When: Saturday, August 17, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Where: Department of Human Resources, 3666 N. Peoria Ave.
Greenwood Chamber of Commerce sponsored event. School supply give away at the Department of Human Services the weekend before the start of the year for the kiddos.
- When: Saturday, August 17, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: Edurec Tulsa, 5424 N. Madison Ave.
This is a Back to School Bash focused on children with Special Needs and Disabilities but all are welcome. There will be over 25 vendors, 504 and IEP Training at 1-1:30 p.m., food, face painting, Therapy Dogs, Good Samaritan Bus and much more. Registration for backpacks are from 11:00 a.m.-!2:30 p.m.
- When: Saturday, August 17, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Central Center in Centennial Park, 1028 E. 6th St.
Bring your friends and family out to Central Center for a fun day full of ice cream and games. Ice cream is one dollar per cone or bring school supplies for FREE ice cream! A special thank you to The Pencil Box for partnering with us for this event.
- When: Sunday, August 18, 12-4 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Tech-Peoria Campus, 3850 N. Peoria Ave.
Door prizes, free haircuts and entertainment for the whole family!
- When: Saturday, August 24, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Where: Bobby O’s Slices & Pies, 1502 E. 11th St.
Bobby O’s Slices + Pies, located in the Meadow Gold District along Route 66, will host a day of meal deals, merchandise giveaways, and kids activities for their Back-to-School Bash. The celebration will take place on Saturday, Aug. 24 from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Activities and entertainment are planned throughout the day.
Lucky winners will be selected to receive a free 24” pizza for entering the Topping Combo Contest. The day will also include half-price pizza slices and pies (Gluten-Free 25% discount), $1.00 off fountain and adult beverages, pizza art activities, and live music from Lost Dog. Local brewing partners, Nine Band, Nothing’s Left, New Era Fine Fermentations, Cabin Boys and Renaissance are providing t-shirt and glassware giveaways.
- When: Friday, September 6, 2019, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Charley Young Event Park, 50 W. Dawes, Bixby
Bixby’s Back to School Kickoff will take place right before the Bixby-Jenks football game! Enjoy live music by Anthem Road Academy students, as well as fun activities and giveaways provided by local businesses and organizations, including Bixby Cheer and Pom, Bridge the Gap, and the Bixby Police and Fire departments. www.facebook.com/CYEPBixby
Just Between Friends:
Broken Arrow: July 12-14 at Rhema Rec Center
Jenks/Glenpool: August 2-4 at 3014 W. Main St., Jenks (Tax-Free Weekend!)
Tulsa: September 8-14 at the Exchange Center at Expo Square
South Tulsa: September 21-28 at Woodland Hills Mall
Broken Arrow: August 4-8 at Rhema NRC
Owasso/Claremore: August 24-28 at Claremore Expo Center
OKLAHOMA CARING VAN PUBLIC CLINICS
The Oklahoma Caring Van provides immunization services to children who are uninsured, Medicaid-eligible or American Indian. Learn more at www.oklahomacaringfoundation.org.
- 8/1, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Sand Springs Enrollment Center, 104 W. 4th St., Sand Springs
- 8/1, 1-5 p.m.: Marrs Elementary School, 1100 S. Osage Ave., Skiatook
- 8/2, 4-7 p.m.: Dave & Buster’s, 6812 S. 105th E. Ave.
- 8/2, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Tulsa Peoria WIC, 6831 S. Peoria Ave.
- 8/3, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: BA Back to School Bash at The Assembly Church, 3500 W. New Orleans St., BA
- 8/3, 1:30-3 p.m.: TAPC Back to School Bash, 3326 E. 51st St.
- 8/6, 1-7 p.m.: Clary Sage College, 3131 S. Sheridan Rd.
- 8/7, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Sperry School Enrollment, 400 W. Main St., Sperry
- 8/7, 1-7 p.m.: Clary Sage College, 3131 S. Sheridan Rd.
- 8/8, 1:30-3 p.m.: K12 Back to School Bash, 322 N. Greenwood Ave.
- 8/9, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Broken Arrow Enrollment, 210 N. Main St., BA
- 8/9, 4-6 p.m.: Bixby Middle School, 15400 S. Mingo Rd., Bixby
- 8/10, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Philbrook Museum of Art Health Fair, 2727 S. Rockford Rd.
- 8/13, 3:30-6:30 p.m.: Sequoyah Middle School, 2701 S. Elm Pl., BA
- 8/13, 3:30-6:30 p.m.: Centennial Middle School, 225 E. Omaha St., BA
- 8/14, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Broken Arrow Enrollment, 210 N. Main St., BA
- 8/14, 3:30-6:30 p.m.: Oneta Ridge Middle School, 6800 E. Quincy Pl., BA
- 8/14, 3:30-6:30 p.m.: Centennial Middle School, 225 E. Omaha, BA
- 8/15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
TAX-FREE WEEKEND: August 2-4, 2019
Enjoy tax-free shopping on select back-to-school-related items.
SCHOOL START DATES
- Broken Arrow Public Schools, August 21
- Owasso Public Schools, August 22
- Bixby Public Schools, August 20
- Jenks Public Schools: August 20
- Union Public Schools, August 21
- Tulsa Public Schools, August 21
- Sand Springs Public Schools, August 20
SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVES AND DONATIONS
If you have a child in need of school supplies, please visit help.restorehope.org for days, times, and locations. School supplies are available for children attending any public school in Tulsa County in grades Pre-K through 12th grade.
From The Vintage Pearl’s Facebook Page: “LOCAL TO TULSA, OK ONLY!!
Backpack drive for our RETAIL store!
Back-to-School is such an exciting time for most. But for some, school essentials are hard to come by. This year, we’re partnering with Tulsa Dream Center to help children in need start their school year off the best way possible…
From now through August 3rd,
receive a $25 gift card to The Vintage Pearl for every $50 spent in-store!
PLUS… we’ll provide a backpack stuffed with school supplies
to someone that needs it through the Tulsa Dream Center! @ Tulsa, Oklahoma”
The Pencil Box, which provides a place for teachers from eligible schools to “shop” for free school supplies, is always accepting donations of school supplies, as well as monetary donations. Learn about how to donate here.