Super Easy Cake Balls to Make for Mother’s Day
Come on, you know you love them. Those little sugary spheres of deliciousness are just the right size for a treat.
I found this recipe in a recent edition of Bon Appetit. It was actually in one of the advertisements, but I tried it – and it was super easy. I wanted to share it in case someone out there wanted to make it for Mom for Mothers Day – it’s this Sunday!
Even a non-cook could make these in a snap. And, if you have a kid or two to help, even better. There’s no cooking involved – just dumping, stirring and rolling. I even made a recipe without the banana and added a little extra milk. It worked fine.
Here’s the recipe, with credit to Jell-O.
Banana Cake Balls
- ½ cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.). JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 small fully ripe banana, mashed
- 1 pkg. (10.75 oz.) frozen pound cake, thawed, crumbled into fine crumbs
- 3 pkgs. (4.4 oz. each) milk chocolate bars, chopped
- multi-colored sprinkles
- Stir milk and pudding mix in medium bowl with large spoon just until pudding mix is moistened. Immediately add bananas and cake crumbs; mix well.
- Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 Min., stirring after 1 min. Dip balls in chocolate; return to baking sheet. Top immediately with sprinkles. Let stand until coating is firm.
Happy Mother’s Day!