Berry Picking with Your Family in the Tulsa Area
There's nothing sweeter than picking your own berries.
Thinking of berry picking? Here are five tips from Betsy Endicott of Endicott Farms, to get you ready.
- All ages of kids are welcome, but elementary school age kids really enjoy the experience.
- Dress for the outdoors. Most berry farms are well maintained, but you should still wear sturdy shoes. Also, bring water to stay hydrated while picking.
- Make it an experience. Talk to the kids about the farm and growing food locally. Then, get them excited about eating and cooking on the way home.
- Be safe. Remember you are on a working farm, so especially keep an eye on young kids.
- Have fun! Enjoy your time on the farm and fruits of your labor.