Holiday Lights In and Around Tulsa
Nothing gets people in the holiday spirit quite like brilliant displays of sparkling lights and the cozy sight of a decked-out Christmas Tree! Continue reading to learn where to find some of the best holiday lights in Tulsa! And find even more options in our Festive Festivals list.
Route 66 Christmas Chute
- When: November 3-January 1
- Downtown Sapulpa
Walk historic Route 66 under 800-foot-long canopies filled with Christmas ornaments and decor in ten magical Christmas themes. With events every weekend and pop-up-shops, restaurants, and downtown retailers, the Route 66 Christmas Chute is sure to become a holiday destination! Keep reading at route66christmaschute.com/
- When: November 23, 2022-January 1, 2023 (opens at 6 p.m. on Nov. 23)
- Where: Rhema Bible Church, 1025 W. Kenosha St., Broken Arrow
Rhema has delighted viewers from all over since its initial Christmas light display in 1982. View the lights from Thanksgiving Eve through New Year’s Day, while also enjoying carriage rides, hot chocolate and more. The glittering lights will shine every day from 5:30-11:30 p.m. Admission is free. Carriage rides and concessions cost extra. www.rhemalights.org
- When: Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve
- Where: The Castle of Muskogee, 3400 W. Fern Mountain Rd., Muskogee
Drive through Castleton Village, filled with over 2,000 holiday displays and thousands of colorful lights, creating an unforgettable experience. Open every night, Thanksgiving through New Year’s, 5:30-10 p.m. Drive-through is free; donations accepted.
Other activities, including visits with Father Christmas a cafe, train rides through the village, and more, are available certain days for an additional fee. Learn more at www.okcastle.com.
Garden of Lights at Honor Heights Park
- When: Open daily, Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and close at 10 p.m. (Sunday through Thursday) or 11 p.m. (Friday and Saturday)
- Where: 1400 Honor Heights Dr., Muskogee
Celebrate the holidays and experience animated displays with more than 1,000,000 LED shimmering lights at Muskogee’s Annual Garden of Lights, an attraction for the whole family to enjoy. The 130-acre Honor Heights Park is decorated for the holiday season with azalea bushes and other vegetation illuminated with color, imitating their natural state during the blooming of spring. This 35-40 minute drive-thru attraction features lighted displays of deer, squirrels, and birds scattered amongst a wide variety of trees wrapped in lights. Animated displays are synchronized to recorded holiday music available on your radio as you drive through the park.
Festival of the Trees Opening Night
- When: November 24, 5 p.m.
- Where: 15 E. Needles Ave., Bixby
Join the Bixby Historical Society on Thanksgiving night for the opening of the Bixby Historical Society’s Festival of the Trees at Santa’s Village! Over 120 Trees will be lit to music for a magical Christmas light show. Guests can visit Santa’s Workshop, stroll through Northpole Candyland, and shop at Mrs. Clause’s Candy Shoppe. Fun for the whole family!
Lights On! At Utica Square
- When: November 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Utica Square, 21st and Utica
This year’s in-person Lights On is being held at Utica Square starting at 6:30pm, Thanksgiving evening. Viewers can get into the Christmas spirit as they sing along to carols performed by the Grady Nichols Band, enjoy a special visit from Santa and countdown the ofﬁcial kickoff to the holiday season: Utica Square’s 54th Annual Lights On ceremony.
Wonderland of Lights
- When: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, November 25-December 18, 5-9 p.m.
- Where: Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve, 1925 Woolaroc Ranch Rd., Bartlesville
A wonderful holiday tradition returns again this year at Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve, with the spectacular Wonderland of Lights. The grounds and buildings of Woolaroc will be covered with over 750,000 lights as the historic ranch transforms itself into a magical winter wonderland!
Admission to Wonderland of Lights is $6 for adults and $1 for children 11 and under.
Woolaroc is located 12 miles SW of Bartlesville on State Highway 123 and 45 miles NW of Tulsa. For more information, call Woolaroc at 918-336-0307, extension 100 or 101. woolaroc.org
Botanic Garden of Lights
- When: Thursdays – Sundays, Nov. 25-Dec. 4; Nightly, Dec. 8-30 (closed Dec. 15, 24 & 25), 5-9 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
Reconnect with family and friends in the garden illuminated with colorful lights. Make s’mores over fire pits, enjoy holiday music and take in the spirit of the season in our magical garden escape.
NIGHTLY: Hot cider, cocoa and coffee (with option to spike with local spirits!), other seasonal cocktails, wine, local beer and s’more kits are available for purchase. Enjoy our Oklahoma-shaped snowball pit, photo stops and fire pits (nightly, weather permitting). A rotating schedule of food trucks will serve their signature dishes and other light concessions will be available for sale.
Timed entry tickets are required. Reserve your tickets here.
Lights On Owasso
- When: November 26, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Redbud Festival Park, 109 N. Main St., Owasso
Owasso’s Recreation & Culture Department is kicking off the holiday season with the annual Lights On Owasso event. There will be photo opportunities with Santa, Live entertainment on the First Bank Main Stage, food trucks & the lighting of the 34′ tree & park at 6 p.m.
12th Annual Lights On
- When: November 26, 6-8 p.m.
- Where: Route 66 Historical Village, 2770 Southwest Blvd.
The Route 66 Historical Village will celebrate turning their lights on with Christmas music, holiday treats, hot chocolate and a visit from Santa!
Route 66 Twinkle Tour
- When: Voting is November 26-December 15
- Where: Route 66 in Tulsa (28 miles, from East Tulsa, through Downtown, and out West)
Cruise Route 66 then cast your vote for who has the best holiday decorations! Find a map and cast your vote at facebook.com/Tulsa66Commission
Bristow’s Christmas on Main
- When: December 1, 4-9 p.m.
- Where: Bristow City Hall, 110 W. 7th St., Bristow
Experience small town Christmas with a parade, shopping, live nativity scene, carolers, yummy treats, Santa, a Christmas tree lighting, prizes, and more!
Glow on the Green
- When: December 2, 6 p.m.
- Where: Guthrie Green, 111 E. Reconciliation Way
Guthrie Green’s Glow on the Green event includes a holiday market, free photos with Santa and his elves, and more!