5 Things to Do in Tulsa Thanksgiving Weekend
Keep the family fun going with these five events happening this Thanksgiving weekend in Tulsa. Also, don’t forget that Saturday, November 27 is Small Business Saturday. Show your favorite local spots some love and support – SHOP SMALL!
1. RHEMA LIGHTS
- When: November 24-January 1, 5:30-11:30 p.m.
- Where: Rhema Bible Church, 1025 W. Kenosha St., Broken Arrow
Rhema’s Christmas Lights Extravaganza began in 1982 with about 60,000 lights. Today, more than two million lights adorn the campus from Thanksgiving Eve through New Year’s Day. The glittering lights will shine every day from 5:30-11:30 p.m. Admission is free. www.rhemalights.org
- When: November 25, 8-9:30 a.m.
- Where: River West Festival Park, 2100 S. Jackson Ave. in Tulsa
Tulsa Running Club’s annual Von Franken Family Food Run is still on, but adjusted to help keep you safe.
Everyone is invited to come out between 8 and 9:30 a.m. to support the Salvation Army with nonperishable food items and/or a toy for the Angel Tree. Tulsa Animal Alliance will also be there to collect supplies for our furry family members.
We won’t have pancakes, coffee or water this year, but feel free to go for a walk or run with your family and friends on the River Trail from the park. Even though it’s not quite the same this event is a great way to start the holiday and give to those in need. #fillthetruck
- When: November 26, 5-7 p.m.; November 27, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.; November 28, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.; December 3, 4-7 p.m.; December 4, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Where: Cascia Hall, 2520 S. Yorktown Ave.
Cascia Hall’s Christmas Tree Lot, presented by Vast.bank, tree will feature over 200 Fraser fir trees for purchase as well as noble fir wreaths for sale. The tree lot will also feature a special Santa’s Village that will have fun activities including Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt, Kids’ Christmas Train, Cascia Corn Hole, giant Connect 4, arts & crafts, giant Jenga, photo staging areas, and more. casciahall.com/cascia-christmas-walk
- When: Select Nights, November 26-December 31, 2021 (See schedule here)
- Where: Philbrook Museum of Art, 2727 S. Rockford Rd.
Thousands of lights illuminate the beautiful Philbrook Gardens. Celebrate the season with hot cocoa, musical light shows, take-and-make art projects, visits with Santa, and more.
Select nights Nov. 26–Dec. 24, 2021. Advance, timed entry ticket required.
- When: Thursdays through Sundays, November 26-January 2, 2022, 5-9 p.m.; Also open December 20-22, 27-29; Closed December 24 and 25
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
Reconnect with family and friends in the garden illuminated with colorful lights. Make s’mores over fire pits, enjoy holiday music and take in the spirit of the season in our magical garden escape.
TIMED ENTRY TICKETS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE