5 Things to Do in Tulsa Thanksgiving Weekend
Keep the family fun going with these five events happening this Thanksgiving weekend in Tulsa. Find more holiday activities at tulsakids.com/things-to-do.
1. Von Franken Family Food Run
- When: November 24, 9 a.m.
- Where: River West Festival Park, 2100 S. Jackson Ave. in Tulsa
Tulsa Running Club invites everyone to their annual untimed run/walk on Thanksgiving morning. Bring nonperishable food items or a toy for donation to Salvation Army’s Angel Tree, or pet supplies, which will go to Oklahoma Alliance for Animals. There will be food, snacks and a raffle as well.
2. Lights On! At Utica Square
- When: November 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Utica Square
Celebrate the start of the holiday season with a countdown to illuminating Utica Square’s 700,000 lights. Enjoy Christmas carols and other festive activities. uticasquare.com
3. Cascia Hall’s Midtown Christmas Tree Lot
- When: November 26, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; November 27, 12-4 p.m.; December 2, 4-7 p.m.; December 3, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Where: Cascia Hall, 2520 S. Yorktown Ave.
Cascia Hall’s 40th annual Christmas Tree Lot features more than 200 Fraser fir trees, plus Santa’s Village! Santa’s Village has lots of fun activities for kids, including s’mores, cornhole, giant Jenga, an Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt, hayride and more. Plus, Santa will visit November 27 from 1-3 p.m. and December 3 from 3-6 p.m. Family Food Truck Night is December 3 from 5-7 p.m. Visit www.casciahall.com/walk for more information.
4. Philbrook Festival
- When: Select Nights, November 25-December 24
- Where: Philbrook Museum of Art, 2727 S. Rockford Rd.
Thousands of lights illuminate the beautiful Philbrook Gardens. Celebrate the season with hot cocoa, musical light shows, art projects, visits with Santa, and more.
5. Garden of Lights at Tulsa Botanic Garden
- When: Thursdays – Sundays, Nov. 25-Dec. 4; Nightly, Dec. 8-30 (closed Dec. 15, 24 & 25), 5-9 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
Reconnect with family and friends in the garden illuminated with colorful lights. Make s’mores over fire pits, enjoy holiday music and take in the spirit of the season in our magical garden escape.