Tulsa Area Support Groups for Families
* Please call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.
CLICK HERE for their full schedule.
- Moms & Dads Support Group: The mission of this support group for parents of children with developmental delays is to nurture and support families, encourage positive strategies in dealing with challenges, and share in the joy of raising children. Last Thursday of each month, 7-9 p.m. at the TARC Office, 2516 E. 71st St. Suite A, Tulsa. Learn more at thearcok.org or call Sherilyn at 918-582-8272.
- Nos Apoyamos!: This support group is for Spanish-speaking parents of children with developmental disabilities. It meets the first Tuesday of the month. For more information, visit thearcok.org and contact Hannah Chaboya at 918-582-8272.
- DayMakers: DayMakers is an activity group for adults with developmental disabilities. This group setting offers a wide variety of arts and crafts activities. Meets Tuesday, 10-11 a.m. at the Gatesway Day Center (1217 E. College, Broken Arrow) and Thursday, 1-2 p.m. at Whiteside Community Center (4009 S. Pittsburgh Ave., Tulsa). For more information, go to thearcok.org.
- Kids Connection: This social group is designed for children (grades K-5) on the autism spectrum. Meets the second Wednesday of the month, 4:30-5:30 p.m. at the TARC Office, 2516 E. 71st St. Suite A, Tulsa. Learn more at thearcok.org or call Sherilyn or Steve at 918-582-8272.
- Teen Connection: Teen Connection is a social group for middle and high school students on the autism spectrum. Meets the fourth Wednesday of the month from 4:30-6 p.m. at the TARC Office, 2516 E. 71st St., Suite A, Tulsa. Learn more at thearcok.org or call Sherilyn or Steve at 918-582-8272.
DivorceCare is an 12-week support program to help you heal from the after-effects of divorce. Offered periodically. See upcoming dates or request information at asburytulsa.org/classfinder-1/. Asbury, 6767 S. Mingo Rd., Tulsa
Grief and Loss
Bereavement Support Group
GriefShare is a 13-week support program for people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Offered periodically. See upcoming dates or request information at asburytulsa.org/classfinder-1/. Asbury, 6767 S. Mingo Rd., Tulsa
Tristesse Grief Center offers group counseling for families and adults. Loss-specific groups for adults include:
- Child Loss
- Spouse Loss
- Addiction/Overdose Loss
- Survivors of Suicide Loss
- Pregnancy and Infant Loss
Widows Support Groups
Losing a spouse brings a painful life transition—ready or not. We are here to love, uplift, and encourage you during this difficult time. Small groups meet at Asbury on third Mondays at 1 pm and fourth Wednesdays at 7 pm. Socials are also offered twice a year. All widows are welcome. For up-to-date information on meetings and socials, go to balconywomen.com.
Tulsa Area Homeschoolers
Homeschool Oklahoma is Oklahoma’s statewide homeschool organization. Our mission is to protect, promote, equip, and encourage privately-funded, parent-led, home education. We promote resources for families on a variety of topics and strive to provide information for home educators across the state. Homeschool Oklahoma protects our right to educate our own children by watching over the Oklahoma Legislature and alerting our members when bills require their attention. We host events, like Capitol Day, the HSOK Conference, museum days, and Moms’ Winter Summit, in order to equip and encourage you to homeschool well. Learn more at homeschooloklahoma.org!
The Mental Health Association of Oklahoma offers several support groups, including:
- Stress Management
- Depression Management
- PTSD Management
- Anxiety Management
- Survivors of Suicide Loss
- BIPOC Emotional & Mental Health
- Platicas Grupo de Platicas de Alcance Hispaño/Latino
- Reducción Del Estrés
- Grupo de Padres de Niños con Necesidades Especiales
Find information about all of these groups at mhaok.org/support-groups.
Bipolar/Depression Support Group (offered by Bright Tomorrows)
This group is for adults with bipolar disorder or major depressive disorder meets at Asbury on 1st & 3rd Thursdays at 7 pm, September-May. This is a curriculum-based program that gives helpful tools to participants. Call 918.744.5761 for more information.
Caregivers/Family Support Group (offered by Bright Tomorrows)
Caregivers/Family Support Group is for families of those with a physical, mental, or emotional difficulty meets at Asbury on 2nd & 3rd Thursdays at 7 pm, September-May. This is a curriculum-based program that is both hope-inspiring and Christian faith-affirming. Call 918.744.5761 for more information.
REBOOT Combat Recovery – Veterans and Families
REBOOT Combat Recovery—Veterans and Families exists to help combat veterans and their families heal from the spiritual and moral injuries of war associated with post-traumatic stress and combat trauma. We do this through 12-week healing courses offered twice a year at Asbury. For more information, contact Nick at 918.863.7079 or email@example.com.
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Sand Springs
SMILE Single Moms Ministry
Single parenting is not easy. Come meet other single mothers and enjoy a time of devotion, discussion, encouragement and support. Meets the third Wednesday of each month, 6-8 pm. Childcare provided September-May. Contact Janet at 918.688.3392 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm meeting dates, time and location.