Top Events for Tweens and Teens This Month
Tulsa offers a variety of all-ages events each month, but we wanted to create a special list of tween- and teen-only events! For more tween- and teen-related content, go to tulsakids.com/tweens-teens, where we cover everything from getting a driver’s license in Oklahoma to screen time to teen-friendly destinations in the Tulsa area.
October is Teen Read Month at Tulsa City-County Library, so this month’s roundup of events for tweens and teens will focus on Teen Read events!
Let us know in the comments what your teen is reading this month, or what their all-time favorite book or series is!
TEEN READ MONTH: FANDOM SCREEN PRINTING
- When: Thursday, October 3, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Nathan Hale Librayr, 6038 E. 23rd St.
Do you like wearing your favorite character? Bring your favorite T-shirt, tote or cloth backpack to create something for yourself. For ages 13-17.
TEEN READ MONTH: DIY JOURNALS
- When: Tuesday, October 8, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Library, 20 E. Breckenridge Ave., Bixby
Create your own custom journal out of recycled materials and craft paper. For sixth- through 12th-graders.
TEEN READ MONTH: GIVE BACK!
- When: Thursday, October 10, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Central Library, 400 Civic Center
Do you need community service hours? The holiday season is coming up, and we’re making cards for children in hospitals as way to give back and spread encouragement. Registration is required. Register online at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or call 918-549-7323. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: FANDOM BUTTONS
- When: Friday, October 11, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library/South, 3600 S. Chestnut Ave.
Make button pins inspired by your favorite books, authors and book characters. We will use book quotes, pictures and pages straight from the books we love! For ages 12-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: HOLY POP-CULTURE INVASION, BATMAN!
- When: Tuesday, October 15, 5-7 p.m.
- Where: Schusterman-Benson Library, 3333 E. 32nd Pl.
Immerse yourself in pop-culture multimedia. Hang out and play Nintendo Switch and games on the laptop, or take part in an old school scavenger hunt in the library! For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: RANDOM FANDOM TUESDAY
- When: Tuesday, October 15, 6-7 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Library, 20 E. Breckenridge, Ave.
Join other fandom fans as we discuss favorite characters and books along with a fun activity. Come dressed in cosplay! For sixth- through 12th-graders.
TEEN READ MONTH: BOOK PAGE ART
- When: Wednesday, October 16, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library, 300 W. Broadway Ave.
Make art using book pages, including blackout poetry and collages. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: WAX RESIST ART
- When: Thursday, October 17, 3-4 p.m.
- Where: Jenks Library, 523 W. B St.
Create your favorite symbol or character from your favorite book using wax resist art techniques. Snacks and supplies are provided. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: MYSTERY WRITING FOR TEENS
- When: Thursday, October 17, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Where: Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Rd.
Learn how to write a mystery short story or novel with two-time Oklahoma Novelist of the Year Will Thomas. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: BOOK QUOTE PRINTS
- When: Thursday, October 17, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Maxwell Park Library, 1313 N. Canton Ave.
Learn a nifty way to frame your favorite quotes with faux watercolor and make a displayable piece of art. Famous quotes will be provided, or come with your own. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: THE DYSTOPIAN WARS
- When: Tuesday, October 22, 4-6 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library/South, 3600 S. Chestnut Ave.
Test your survival skills. Stand up against a corrupt government. BE the corrupt government. It’s all fair game in Dystopian games. If you enjoy the dark social and political climates of this genre, volunteer as tribute at The Dystopian Games! For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: MONSTER COOKIE WARS
- When: Tuesday, October 22, 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Library, 20 E. Breckenridge Ave.
We’ll go cookie vs. cookie in our holiday monster decorating competition! Or just come and decorate a cookie for fun. For sixth- through 12th-graders.
TEEN READ MONTH: DESIGN YOUR OWN BOOK BAG
- When: Wednesday, October 23, 3-4 p.m.
- Where: Collinsville Library, 1223 W. Main St., Collinsville
Design your own unique book bag. Bags and fabric markers are provided. Supplies are limited. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: TEEN MOVIE DAY
- When: Wednesday, October 23, 4-6 p.m.
- Where: Rudisill Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
We’ll watch a movie adapted from a book.
TEEN READ MONTH: MANGA READ-IN
- When: Thursday, October 24, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Where: Zarrow Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Hang out with other teens to read and talk about manga. We’ll have a variety of manga to read, and snacks and other activities, too! For ages 10 and up.
TEEN READ MONTH: GET TO KNOW YOUR SEWING MACHINE!
- When: Saturday, October 26, 2-3:30 p.m.
- Where: Glenpool Library, 730 E. 141st St., Glenpool
Make a potholder and get to know your sewing machine or try out a machine to see if you like sewing. Please bring a machine if you have one. We will have some available for those who do not. All supplies are provided. Registration is required. Call 918-549-7323 to register. For ages 10-18.
TEEN READ MONTH: HARDESTY FALL FESTIVAL AND HAUNTED HOUSE
- When: Saturday, October 26, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Where: Hardesty Library, 8316 E. 93rd St.
Games, crafts, candy and a haunted house! There is something for everyone at our Fall Festival. Take a trip through Alice’s Wonderland in our haunted house (ages 10 and up) or join us for one of our spooky storytimes before making a Halloween mask and getting your face painted. It’s going to be a hauntingly good time!
TEEN READ MONTH: BOOKS AND BUTTONS
- When: Wednesday, October 30, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
Make buttons of your favorite book covers! For ages 10-18.