Metro Christian Academy
Located on a 60-acre campus in the heart of Tulsa at 63rd and Trenton, Metro Christian Academy is an independent Christian school serving students age three through 12th grade. They’re all under one roof but with distinct areas for preschool, elementary, middle and high school.
Metro’s Elementary program offers two tracks for students. One features traditional curriculum that students may join at any time. The other is a Spanish Immersion section that students may enter in Pre-K or Kindergarten and continue through 5th grade. Spanish Immersion students become bilingual by learning core subject content in Spanish including history, language arts, science, and math.
Metro’s secondary school offers a range of academic programs including 15 Advanced Placement courses and eight courses for concurrent college credit. Metro offers activities for students of all ages including 11 varsity sports, debate, leadership, missions and fine arts classes like studio art, drama, band and choir.
At the heart of Metro is a sense of community. Students, parents, faculty, and staff all work together to educate and nurture students to reach their full potential. “We work to develop this culture in which everyone knows who you are,” says Adam Taylor, Athletic Director. “You are somebody here. You are someone important.”
Contact: Keith Currivean, PhD, Head of School
School Highlight: Hazel, Spanish Immersion
Did You Know?
Metro Christian Academy offers a Spanish Immersion enrollment option for children entering Pre-K and Kindergarten.
- A language immersion program is a proven method of educating children by immersing them in a second language.
- Students in language immersion programs demonstrate high levels of resilience, perseverance, and creative problem-solving.
- At Metro, reading/literacy, math, science, history, and Bible are all taught in Spanish.
- Enrichment classes including art, music, PE, library, STEM, lunch, recess, and chapel remain in English.
- Beginning in third grade, students will receive some English-specific instruction.
- Classes are taught by professionally trained, bilingual, Christian teachers.
- Because second language acquisition is best at an early age, new students may only enter the program in preschool, Kindergarten, or first grade (space permitting).
- One Spanish Immersion section will be offered alongside traditional learning classrooms through fifth grade.
Space is limited. Visit metroca.com/Spanish-Immersion to learn more.