Tulsa City-County Library offers young writers the chance to get published through the Spooky Story Contest
Entries accepted October 1-30
Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL) invites students to connect their love of writing with a passion for scary storytelling in the Spooky Story Contest.
From Oct. 1-30, aspiring writers ages 8-18 can submit a short story to any TCCL location. The top 10 winners in each of the three age categories (8-11, 12-14 and 15-18) will have their story published online and in a book that will be added to TCCL’s collection. Submissions will be accepted starting Oct. 1, and the submission deadline is 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 30.
- All entries must be the original work of the student and cannot exceed 3,500 words.
- Submissions must include a title page with the author’s first and last name, age and contact information (phone number and/or email).
- Three different age categories will be judged: 8-11, 12-14 and 15-18.
- Only one entry will be accepted per contestant.
- Entries must be submitted in person to any TCCL location by Oct. 30.