Top 5 things to do with your baby in Tulsa
1. Explore the Arts
- Learn and Play is designed to nurture the needs of parents and their infants and/or toddlers. Parents will enjoy a casual experience in the galleries, learning about the art of Gilcrease Museum, then it’s “play time” for children with activities to stimulate the five senses. Free for members; free with museum admission for not-yet members. Check out the Gilcrease Calendar for a date/time that works for you.
- Philbrook Museum also hosts Philbrook Playdates for children under 5 and their caregivers. Each Playdate features a different creative activity while allowing parents and children to socialize. Learn more at philbrook.org.
- It’s never too early to start fostering your child’s love of books. We’ve compiled a list of on-going and monthly storytimes so you can find the perfect fit for you and your baby.
3. Feel the Music
- MusicTogether is an internationally recognized early childhood music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and the adults who love them. Music Together classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical.
4. Get Moving
- Diaper Dolphins at Miller Swim School is a great opportunity to introduce your baby to the joy and fun of the water in a lively group setting. Specifically designed water toys, games, and songs are used to encourage participation in a group setting. The water is warm year-round and the class provides a bonding experience for you and your little one. Basic water safety skills are also introduced to parent and child during this class. Miller Swim School also offers other Infant & Toddler Classes, including Starfish (18-36 months), Litter Otter’s Splash and Play (4-6 months) and Minnows (24-39 months).
5. Join the Club
- Moms’ Club of Tulsa is a great way for you to meet and get to know other moms in the Tulsa area.
- La Leche League of Tulsa At LLL of Tulsa meetings, you’ll find breastfeeding support and get to know other moms. And, of course, babies are always welcome.
- Babywearing Around Tulsa. Interested in learning more about baby carriers while connecting with other new moms? Check out a Babywearing Around Tulsa meeting. They have a library of baby carriers so you can try them out before making a purchase.