Family Friendly Valentine's Day Events
Hot Toast Music Co. will be performing a special Valentine's Day Family Concert at Gathering Place on February 16, sponsored by TulsaKids!
Tony Li (The Tony Li Project)
- When: February 1-14
- Where: National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, 1700 Northeast 63rd St., Oklahoma City
One day to celebrate love is not enough! Visit the Museum any time during February 1 – 14 and show your love for your favorite piece of art or artifact. Pick up a heart at Visitor Services, leave it by your selection, and share on social media using #MyWest and #HeartsForArt. While visiting, pick up the “Find the Love” guide, a selection of art from the Museum’s collection that speaks of love. Free to Museum members or with Museum admission. nationalcowboymuseum.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 7, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Where: Jenks Library, 523 W. B St.
Stop by and make a valentine to keep or give away. Supplies are provided. For all ages. tulsalibrary.org
VALENTINE’S DAY COOKIE WORKSHOP
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Pottery Barn Kids, 1876 Utica Square
Decorate 4 Valentine’s Cookies, plus enjoy a special storytime and make cards for your favorite Valentine! $10 reservation goes to support St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Where: LaFortune Park, 5202 S. Hudson Ave.
Come and spend the afternoon drinking tea or lemonade, and eat light hors d’oeuvres with your little princess(es). Enjoy making memories and a craft during this special time. $10 per couple; additional guests are $2.50 each. Sign up at location by February 5. parks.tulsacounty.org
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Community Center, 211 N. Cabaniss Ave., Bixby
Fathers and daughters of all ages are invited to a fun evening of dancing. Snacks and beverages are provided. Music is by D.J. Connection. Tickets available at the door, $5/person. parks.tulsacounty.org
- When: Saturday, Feb. 9, 6-7:30 or 8-9:30
- Where: Nienhuis Park Community Center, 3201 N. 9th St., Broken Arrow
Calling all Dads, Grandpas, or male role models! Come create memories with your little princess. Live DJ, light refreshments provided, and a special gift for the princess. $5 per ticket per person. Tickets must be purchased in advance at either Broken Arrow Community Center. Please don’t wait to buy tickets, both dances will sell out. brokenarrow.gov
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 3-5 p.m.
- Where: Brookside Library, 1207 E. 45th Pl.
Make a piece of jewelry for your friend or sweetie for Valentine's Day, or make it for yourself and celebrate Anti-Valentine's Day! Materials are provided. For ages 10-18. tulsalibrary.org
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 13, 3:30-5 p.m.
- Where: Herman and Kate Kaiser Library, 5202 S. Hudson Ave.
Create one-of-a-kind stickers and valentines, and then satisfy your sweet tooth with games of candy-heart bingo. For ages 8-12. tulsalibrary.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 14, 3-5 p.m.
- Where: Judy Z. Kishner Library, 10150 N. Cincinnati Ave., Sperry
Explore American Neo-Dada/pop artist Jim Dine and his famous heart works to commemorate Valentine's Day. Make your own heart art using a variety of different mediums, such as paint, pastels, crayons, etc., using Dine's hearts as inspiration. For ages 5-18. tulsalibrary.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 14, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library/South, 3600 S. Chestnut Ave.
Make something sweet for someone sweet! Learn basic royal-icing/decorating techniques and enjoy a delicious cookie. Class size is limited. Registration is required. Register at the library or call 918-549-7323. For ages 12-18. tulsalibrary.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 14, 4-4:45 p.m.
- Where: Glenpool Library, 730 E. 141st St.
Wear your grubby clothes and join Ms. Tori for a messy art project using lace, doilies and broken crayons to make colorful valentines. Call 918-549-7323 to register. For elementary students. tulsalibrary.org
VALENTINE'S DAY CONCERT WITH HOT TOAST MUSIC CO.!
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16, 11 a.m.
- Where: Gathering Place (The Boathouse), 2600 S. Riverside Dr.
Join TulsaKids in the Boathouse at Gathering Place for a special Valentine's Day Family Concert with Hot Toast Music Co.! Get ready to dance, sing along and enjoy some Valentine's Day treats. Learn more about Symon Hajjar, founder of Hot Toast Music Co., in this month's Green Country Grown-Up article! Get more information at facebook.com/hottoastmusicco, facebook.com/tulsakidsmagazine