Valentine's Day Events for Families
- When: Thursday, Feb. 1, 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Where: Jenks Library, 523 W. B St.
Stop by and make a valentine to keep or give away. All ages are welcome to participate. Supplies are provided. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Friday, Feb. 2, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Where: Whiteside Community Center, 4009 S. Pittsburgh Ave.
Dress up your little ones (ages 5 and under) for their first “real” dance! Tickets are $5 at the door; parents and teddy bears get in free!
- When: Saturday, Feb. 3, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Home Depot, 901 S. Elgin Ave.
Score points with your loved ones and build a Valentine bean bag toss in this hands-on workshop. You and your child can construct a fun bean bag toss game for the whole family to love. Following the bean bag toss game board construction, your child can decorate it with paint and stickers. Learn more at www.homedepot.com/workshops/#store/3904
- When: Saturday, Feb. 3, 12-5 p.m.
- Where: Noah’s Event Center, 12710 E. State Farm Blvd.
Pugs and Kisses Fundraising Event entry is complimentary with a monetary donation or any dog related item. Come enjoy free catered appetizers, beverages, a silent auction with items from around the world, prize giveaways, vendors, balloon making, getting a picture taken with your fur babies by our professional photographer, "Pug Kissing" booth and a very special presentation! Bring your Pugs, other furry family members and your kids for a day of fun and excitement! One-hundred percent of proceeds goes to the care of pugs through Pug Rescue Owasso. www.pugrescueowasso.org
- When: Saturday, Feb. 3, 2-3 p.m.
- Where: Zarrow Regional Library, 2224 W. 51st St.
Make and take a string-art heart using nails, a hammer and string. This could be a gift for your special someone this Valentine's Day! For teens. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Saturday, Feb. 3, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: South County Recreation Center, 13800 S. Peoria Ave., Bixby
Make new memories together at this annual Father Daughter Valentine Dance. Enjoy an evening of music, refreshments, and dancing. Tickets will be sold in advance at the SoCo Recreation Center. No tickets will be sold at the door. www.parks.tulsacounty.org
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 7, 10-11 a.m.
- Where: Chandler Park, 6500 W. 21st St.
Every other Wednesday through May 16, Chandler Park is hosting Toddler Time for just $2/class. This week’s activities will focus on the upcoming Valentine’s holiday. Register in advance by calling 918.591.6053, as space fills up quickly. www.parks.tulsacounty.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 8, 12-8 p.m.
- Where: Collinsville Public Library, 1223 W. Main
Enjoy fun Valentine’s Day crafts at the Collinsville Library. Be creative at the library or take them home to complete. Supplies are provided but limited. For all ages. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 8, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Glenpool Library, 730 E. 141st St.
Wear your grubby clothes and join Ms. Tori for a messy art project using lace, doilies and other cool textures to make colorful valentines. Call 918-549-7323to register. For elementary students. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Thursday, Feb. 8, 5:30-8 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Girls Art School, 2202 E. Admiral Blvd.
Come and Get Your Love is a super-fun heart art, valentine, and card extravaganza. Students use their creative energy all during January to create fun, sassy, beautiful works of glittery art. This year there will be a focus on monoprinting and ceramics. There will also be music, wine and lite bites. www.tulsagirlsartschool.org
- When: Friday, Feb. 9, 3:30-4:45 p.m.
- Where: Broken Arrow Library/South, 3600 S. Chestnut Ave.
Join Tiny Things By Bowen for this fun class on polymer clay, and craft a miniature gift for your valentine. Funded by the Friends of the Helmerich Library. For teens. Registration is required. Register online at www.tulsalibrary.org/events or by calling 918-549-7323.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 10, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Where: Glenpool Library, 730 E. 141st St.
Make valentine hearts using wool roving and needles. Free form your heart or use a mold. Materials are provided, but limited. Registration required. Call 918-549-7323 to register. For ages 10-18. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Saturday, Feb. 10, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Community Center, 211 N. Cabaniss Ave., Bixby
Fathers and daughters of all ages are invited to a fun evening of dancing. Snacks and beverages are provided. Tickets, which are $5/person, are available at the door. www.parks.tulsacounty.org
- When: Monday, Feb. 12, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Where: Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford
Children can get creative and make Valentine's Day cards for family and friends. Supplies are provided. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Monday, Feb. 12, 4 p.m.
- Where: Reed Community Center, 4233 S. Yukon Ave.
Teams compete to solve clues and take photos throughout the park to win prizes. This free event is for ages 6-adult, and there is a maximum number of 4 hunters per team. Please preregister by Feb. 7. Call the Reed Community Center at 918.591.4307; learn more at www.cityoftulsa.org
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 4-5 p.m.
- Where: Hicks Park Community Center, 3443 S. Mingo Rd.
This fun Valentine’s Tea Party is for children ages 3-5. Pre-register your child by February 8, as space is limited. Cost is $5/child. The Hicks Park Community Center’s phone number is 918.669.6355. Learn more at www.cityoftulsa.org
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Where: Bixby Library, 20 E. Breckenridge Ave.
Make edible roses out of Starburst and other candy. For sixth- through 12th-graders. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 13, 5:30-7:15 p.m.
- Where: Helmerich Library, 5131 E. 91st St.
Cupid rhymes with stupid! Design your anti-valentine (or valentine), chat and play games with frenemies, and enjoy snacks! Sponsored by the Friends of the Helmerich Library. For ages 10-18. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 3-5 p.m.
- Where: Brookside Library, 1207 E. 45th Pl.
Make a piece of jewelry for your friend or sweetie for Valentine's Day, or make it for yourself and celebrate Anti-Valentine's Day! Materials are provided. For ages 10-18. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 6:30-10 p.m.
- Where: Oklahoma Aquarium, 300 Aquarium Dr., Jenks
Hugs & Fishes is a romantic evening for two dining at the Aquarium, including aquarium entry, drinks, dinner and entertainment. Reserve your spot now. Each unique package is priced per couple and varies per table location. Go to www.okaquarium.org for more information.
- When: Thursday, Feb. 15, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Wheels and Thrills, 10637 N. Garnett Rd., Owasso
Children 6 and under can enjoy skating, an indoor playground, bounce house, riding toys and more. There will be treats for all! Don't forget your camera!
- When: Saturday, Feb. 17, 7:45-11 a.m.
- Where: Fleet Feet Sports—Blue Dome, 418 E. 2nd St.
Grab your sweetheart (or meet one at the race) and bring them to Fleet Feet Blue Dome (2nd and Frankfort) in Downtown Tulsa on Saturday, February 17, 2017 for the Sweetheart Run! Three distance options (5km, 10km, and Fun Run) make this a great race for everyone! www.fleetfeettulsa.com
- When: Saturday, Feb. 17, 2-4:30 p.m.
- Where: Maxwell Park Library, 1313 N. Canton
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we'll eat popcorn and watch the romantic movie “Beauty and the Beast.” This 2017 Disney movie is rated PG; parents should accompany small children. www.tulsalibrary.org