TulsaKids' 'Top 10' Weekend Roundup: August 9-12
Looking for more? Check out our list of Back-to-School Events!
- When: Thursday, August 9, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Technology Center, Lemley Memorial Campus, 3420 S. Memorial Dr.
Join the Martin Regional Library, Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and Tulsa Technology Center for this come-and-go event featuring free screenings, immunizations, haircuts and school supplies. For all ages. / ¡Mas de 50 organizaciones comunitarias proporcionarán información, servicios y materiales escolares para un año escolar exitoso! Para todas las edades.
- When: Thursday, August 9, 5:30-9 p.m.
- Where: Admiral Blvd. & Lewis Ave.
Enjoy a free outdoor yoga session with Margot Ballard Yoga (5:30-6:30 p.m.), followed by a concert by Little Joe McLerran (7-9 p.m.). Bring items to donate to Tulsa ReStore, who will be having a Stuff the Truck event.
- When: Friday, August 10, 11 a.m.
- Where: Oklahoma Aquarium, 300 Aquarium Dr., Jenks
Fish, fun, friends and stories! Join the Oklahoma Aquarium for a own seaside story time. Ages 2-5, maximum of 35, available on a first come basis. Free with admission to the Aquarium.
- When: Friday, August 10, 6-9 p.m.
- Where: Philbrook Museum of Art, 2727 S. Rockford Rd.
This notorious offline celebration of online cats, co-hosted by Philbrook Director Scott Stulen and Will Braden, features the best cat videos the internet has to offer.
- When: August 10-12
- Where: Cox Business Center, 100 Civic Center
Jurassic Quest is America's Largest and most realistic Dinosaur Event. Guests will walk through the Cretaceous period, the Jurassic Period and The Triassic period and experience for themselves what it was like to be among living, breathing dinosaurs. Learn more here.
- When: August 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, 8 p.m.; August 12, 19, 25, 26 at 2 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa PAC, 110 E. 2nd St.
The Tulsa local theatre premiere of the toe-tapping Broadway Disney hit! Based on the real-life New York newsboys' strike of 1899, it's an inspiring and visually stunning spectacle for the whole family! Presented by Theatre Tulsa.
- When: August 10-12
- Where: ORU Mabee Center, 7777 S. Lewis Ave.
I.I.C.O.T. invites every one of all nationalities, young, or old, to attend the breathtaking celebration of Native American culture. Experience the beauty and richness of Native American culture when the Intertribal Indian Club of Tulsa (IICOT) hosts the 41st Annual Pow Wow of Champions. Learn more here.
- When: Saturday, August 11, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Where: Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch, 9501 E. 380 Rd., Oologah
You will not want to miss one of the biggest Fly-Ins in the region. Over 100 planes will land at the airstrip, and there will be food trucks, classic cars, fun activities for the family, and Will and Wiley usually show up for some pictures. Gates open at 7:30 a.m. and the event usually goes until about 1 p.m. Event is FREE, but donations are encouraged.
- When: Saturday, August 11, 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Ballet, 1212 E. 45th Pl.
Stop by the Tulsa Ballet studios as they open their doors to the Tulsa community. There will be free activities and observation opportunities for all ages throughout the day. Schedule and more details to be announced soon.
- When: Saturday, August 11, 9-11:30 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Botanic Garden, 3900 Tulsa Botanic Dr.
BA Sidewalk Astronomers will be on hand with telescopes to gaze at celestial objects in the night sky and provide information about the Perseid Meteor Shower, which will be at its peak. Bring a blanket or chairs (and binocular or telescope if you have them) to star gaze and watch for meteors. Make your own star chart. Note: Event is subject to weather conditions. Some areas of the Garden will be closed after dark.) Regular admission.