Back-to-School Events in the Tulsa Area
Get back-to-school ready with the help of these local events! This list will be updated as more information becomes available. If you have an event you think should be added, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with information.
- When: July and August, see more details here
- Where: Restore Hope Ministries is accepting donations at their office, Tulsa-area TTCU branches, Christian Brothers Automotive or Dave and Buster's.
Help local kids get necessary school supplies by donating money or supplies to Restore Hope Ministries' 2018 Project School Supplies drive. Restore Hope Ministries also has volunteer opportunities for those who want to help with organizational aspects. Find more information here.
If you have a child in need of school supplies, learn how to register for 2018 Project School Supplies and how to pick up your supplies here.
- When: Thursday, August 16, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Where: Rudisill Library, 1520 N. Hartford Ave.
Prepare your child for a successful school year. Learn about Tulsa City-County Library’s services and community resources, while picking up school supplies and giveaways for your child. Supplies and giveaways are limited on a first-come-first-serve basis. The resource fair includes immunizations; enrollment for new students; vision and dental screenings; book, backpack and school supply giveaway; face painting; balloon animal art; book walk; and more. For immunizations, a parent or legal guardian must accompany each child to provide consent. Please bring a copy of your child's most recent immunization record. Vaccines are offered at no cost to children who are eligible for Medicaid, uninsured or American Indian. Sponsored by the Friends of the Rudisill Regional Library, Tulsa City-County Library, Modern Woodmen of America and Oklahoma Caring Foundation. www.tulsalibrary.org
- When: Sunday, August 19, 12-4 p.m.
- Where: Tulsa Tech Peoria Campus, 3850 N. Peoria Ave.
Tulsa Tech’s barber students, along with alumni and other partners will be providing FREE back-to-school haircuts and styling for school age children this coming Sunday, August 19.
No appointments will be necessary, walk-ins only on a first-come, first served basis until about 3:30 pm, while supplies last. Please have hair prepared for styling prior to arrival. Guests will enjoy FREE entertainment and have the chance to win door prizes.
- When: Friday, August 24, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Charley Young Event Park, 50 W. Dawes, Bixby
Bixby’s Back to School Kickoff will take place right before the Bixby-Jenks football game! Enjoy live music by Anthem Road Academy students, as well as fun activities and giveaways provided by local businesses and organizations, including Bixby Cheer and Pom, Bridge the Gap, and the Bixby Police and Fire departments. www.facebook.com/CYEPBixby
- When: Saturday August 26, 2-4 p.m.
- Where: Suburban Acres Library, 4606 N. Garrison Ave.
Tulsa Community College's Office of Admissions and Prospective Student Services staff will assist anyone eligible to attend TCC for the coming school year with the enrollment process. Get information on TCC programs offered, student services and financial aid as well. Seating is limited. For teens and adults. www.tulsalibrary.org
Just Between Friends:
Jenks/Glenpool: August 3-5 at the Glenpool Conference Center
Tulsa: August 19-25 at the Exchange Center at Expo Square
Owasso: September 7-9 at ISS Owasso’s Indoor Soccer and Sports facility
South Tulsa: July 22-28 at Summit Square Shopping Center
Broken Arrow: August 5-9 at Rhema NRC
Owasso/Claremore: August 12-15 at Claremore Expo Center
OKLAHOMA CARING VAN PUBLIC CLINICS
The Oklahoma Caring Van provides immunization services to children who are uninsured, Medicaid-eligible or American Indian. Learn more at www.oklahomacaringfoundation.org.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: New Heights Christian Church, 106 N. Main, Owasso
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Sand Springs Enrollment Center, 104 W. 4th St., Sand Springs
- Friday, Aug. 3, 8-11 a.m.: Mexican Consulate, 2434 E. Admiral Blvd.
- Friday, Aug. 3, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Pryor Public Schools, 55 Oak St., Pryor
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: BA Police Department Back-to-School Bash, 3500 W. New Orleans, Broken Arrow
- Saturday, Aug. 4, 12-4 p.m.: Woodland Hills Mall, 7021 S. Memorial Dr.
- Monday, Aug. 6, 4-7 p.m.: Clary Sage College, 3131 S. Sheridan Rd.
- Tuesday, Aug. 7, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Jenks Middle School, 3019 E. 101st St., Jenks
- Tuesday, Aug. 7, 4-7 p.m.: Clary Sage College, 3131 S. Sheridan Rd.
- Wednesday, Aug. 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Broken Arrow Enrollment Center, 210 N. Main St., Broken Arrow
- Wednesday, Aug. 8, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Jenks Middle School, 3019 E. 101st St., Jenks
- Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2-6 p.m.: Sequoyah Middle School, 2701 S. Elm Place, Broken Arrow
- Thursday, Aug. 9, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Tulsa Tech, Lemley Campus, 3420 S. Memorial Dr.
- Friday, Aug. 10, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Coweta Public Schools, 700 E. Chestnut St., Coweta
- Saturday, Aug. 11, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.: Going Hard for Christ Church, 3434 S. Garnett Rd.
- Saturday, Aug. 11, 3-6 p.m.: Greater Cornerstone Baptist Church, 5610 S. 41st W. Ave.
- Monday, Aug. 13, 1-6 p.m.: Broken Arrow Neighbors, 315 W. College St., Broken Arrow
- Tuesday, Aug. 14, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Childers Middle School, 301 E. Tuscon, Broken Arrow
- Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2-6 p.m.: Centennial Middle School, 225 E. Omaha St., Broken Arrow
- Wednesday, Aug. 15, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.: Broken Arrow Enrollment Center, 210 N. Main St., Broken Arrow
- Thursday, Aug. 16, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Rudisill Regional Library, 1420 N. Hartford Ave.
- Thursday, Aug. 16, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.: Sand Springs Enrollment Center, 104 W. 4th St., Sand Springs
- Saturday, Aug. 18, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Kendall Whittier Mercado, Admiral & Lewis
- Saturday, Aug. 18, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.: Harvest Time Outreach Ministries, 2333 E. 48th St. N.
- Tuesday, Aug. 21, 4-7 p.m.: Crosstown Learning Center, 2501 E. Archer St.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.: Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma, 4810 S. 129th E. Ave.
- Wednesday, Aug. 22, 12-4 p.m.: Taco Mayo, 425 S. Utica Ave.
SCHOOL START DATES
- Broken Arrow Public Schools, August 16
- Owasso Public Schools, August 16
- Bixby Public Schools, August 17
- Jenks Public Schools: August 17
- Union Public Schools, August 20
- Tulsa Public Schools, August 22
- Sand Springs Public Schools, August 22