Start Your Summer Right with the 2018 Summer Reading Program: Libraries Rock!
Barbie Benson with medals earned as a kid.
YOU get a Summer Reading Program… and YOU get a Summer Reading Program… and YOU get a Summer Reading Program…
That’s right – this year, the Tulsa City-County Library is offering a Summer Reading Program for every member of your family, whether they are just a few days old or a card-carrying member of the AARP.
Visit one of the 24 Tulsa City-County Library locations (and bookmobile!) to sign up for the 2018 Summer Reading Program, which kicked off on May 29 and will end August 4.
“Libraries Rock!” is the theme, and there’s a program for every age – babies, children, teens, AND adults – with special prizes, events, and coupons for all!
Visit www.tulsalibrary.org/summer for more information. Register at any of our 24 library locations!
5 Facts to Remember about the 2018 Summer Reading Program:
- It runs May 29 through August 4. Ten weeks of summer fun!
- There is a program for everyone at all library locations! Babies, children, tweens and teens, AND adults can all participate! Drop by one of our 24 library locations (or the bookmobile) around Tulsa or Tulsa County.
- For babies and children, read (or have read to) 8 books + make 4 library visits = earn a medal and book of valuable coupons for free food and entertainment. Babies and children who complete the program also get entered into a grand prize drawing!
- If babies and children read (or have read to them) 12 more books = earn a bonus prize! Babies will earn an animal rattle, and children an inflatable guitar.
- FREE family entertainment – in the library! From magicians to rock bands, puppet shows to juggling acts, there is something cool scheduled at all of our library locations nearly every day this summer. Check out www.tulsalibrary.org/summer for a full list of events.
One Summer Reading Program Story: Look at All Those Medals!
Those Summer Reading Program memories (not to mention medals!) hold a special place for one former child reader:
“When I was a kid, the library reading program was to me as integral a part of summer as going swimming and playing with fireworks. I remember clutching my worn reading log each week as I went to my home library Brookside to get my stickers. Thinking back now I recall there were coupons and prizes for reading extra books but I don’t remember what those were. All I remember were those medals -- they were so shiny and always had a cool theme (my absolute favorite is the Space one) and represented all the hard work I’d put into reading. I still treasure them to this day and have them on my desk where I work…at the library!”--Barbie Benson, Customer Care Manager, Tulsa City-County Library